Monday, July 20, 2009

Bioinformatics Computer Skills

I’m reading the book by Cynthia Gibas and Per Jambeck called Bioinformatics Computer Skills. The book is very well written and details how Biology is being advance by using computing systems. The authors detail out computing tools and systems that can be used by researchers for all kinds of biological research, simulation and modeling. Everything is provided with examples from the perspective of using compute hardware running Linux. I thought it would be very interesting to go through and see how much of the same would be available or could be made available with OpenSolaris. So for next while I’ll be blogging chapter by chapter on doing everything they show with OpenSolaris.

I hope I’ve not bitten off way to much work for myself.

 

Regards 

No comments:

Post a Comment